Thursday, July 9, 2015

Fishing For Sunsets

I lean on a rhyme 
and give in to time 
been here half a year 
but can't find the right line.
I've been fishing for sunsets 
and bribing the moon
to stay up 
to stay up real, real late with me.
Perhaps ive earned some scars
how about you?
have i driven you too far
or are you just too used to you? 
lets you and i hold hands 
till we cant tell who's who. 
lets kiss until our lips
speak only the truth.
I've been fishing for sunsets 
and bribing the moon
to stay up 
to stay up real, real late with me.
lets go for a walk
its never too dark
we'll talk and talk long
down this Eastside sidewalk
ill tell you what i fear
as long as you promise that you'll
hear me out.
I've been fishing for sunsets 
and bribing the moon
to stay up 
to stay up real, real late with me

No comments:

Post a Comment