Tuesday, March 5, 2019
Apologies
I apologize
for having failed to introduce you
to some of what I've loved the most
in life.
Though you know Jazz
we never felt the midnight wail tear through our souls
in some smoky downtown hideout.
I apologize for Cliffsides
and having never made love
with the Ocean's roar beneath us,
our fire reflected in the eternity
of the night's glittered stage above us.
I apologize for Iceland
and Ireland
And even Mexico;
Lands i thought we'd someday
finally explore
together.
But there's so much more that ill never be sorry for;
its all that you miss
in the night
when you fruitlessly try
to finally close your eyes,
its my face and the feelings it brings that
you'll never ignore,
its the home housing your heart
and me always waiting at
its door.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment