Thursday, January 23, 2020

A Mourning To Remember (Final Edit)

I've been redlining for a while now
And I know that it's starting to show.
Been boarding red-eye flights every night,
Into Fire, While Clipped-Wing-Angels sit tight
In defense of, and "Undefiled" by
The most insidiously harmful,
Yet proudly guarded Sores.
The Sights,
Seep out of my pores,
The Sounds,
A trembling from my throat.
The Overexposed Thoughts tumble,
Springing forth like bad film, Disposed
Of, through any of my Apnea-Warped-Mind's
Far too many Trap-Doors.
Expectations,
Falling at the speed of darkness,
Hardly show any distress as they wither;
Displayed as Gray Portraits of my shame
On the otherwise barren walls
That entomb the gallery of their demise-
Stills Framed ever-so-neatly within the memory
Of your forever-bloodstained floors.
There...
There I sometimes still lay
And hope, like i had then, to fade-out,
Instead,
I Fade In to Now;
A little more Sleepless, a little more beat up,
But still, I remain Undefeated.
For the parts of You that have died in me,
Here i lay and mourn.

No comments:

Post a Comment