Friday, July 3, 2020

This Year Has Been A Hell Of A Long Morning

I'd hate to say I hate
July
Without a reason why,
But if its reason enough:
I hate it's morning sky,
Sun Burning through my blinds,
Burning on my skin, like that fire
Of yours that i couldnt help
But ignite.
Summer would come,
As it still comes now,
Dressed in only frail bones,
Wrapped in Vanity's flesh- White
As the A.M glow that 
Turned our nightly wrongs
Into Daylight,
White as the lies born on Winter
Dancefloors- bound up and waiting 
To be clarified...
White and blinding as the smoke
L.A's drenched in from 
Holiday Fires, White as The Ghost That Haunts your mind ever Since i died,
Dead to you and left behind
In the white sands of July.

I'd hate to say i hate July
Without a reason why.

No comments:

Post a Comment