Friday, December 25, 2020

Stripped Threads

 I been livin outta this 

Fading black 

Quiksilver bag 

For ages,

And yet, the 

Bluest this Life has 

managed to make me

Only lives as the backdrop

To the L.A on my #dodgers hat,

there, and when its not so hazy, I suppose i can appreciate them 

2020 Blues painted in the 

Neon Sky- Dire hues, true,

but i aint never known no one who 

knows me as one to go and try 

rattle "sky-cages"!

Ive just never

Found the Time to settle,

All i wanna see

Is change and growth,

and only wanna go

where the folks' only goal

is to get better

than they themselves

had been before.

I tried Going with the flow

but i dont know, you know?

 it only

Got me thinking that the flow 

Just might be going Way 

Too 

fucking 

slow!

I pretend to have no fear, but ive been nearly petrified

 a time or nine 

at the mere sound of a sigh

 i misinterpreted as resentment in disguise! 

And i mustnt lie, 

i am

Scared the scars of Time will start

to show only far too soon

Here On my face,

Scars acting like theyre the stars of the show that i pretend to star in,

Right Here 

On 

My 

Face; 

I can already hear em saying:

"I coulda dodged all 

these problems had i 

only been rushing at my 

own damn pace!

Oh wait,

i always been Rushing...

- even at my own damn pace!"

and therein lies the problem-

not in the pace, but in the race to a finish line that aint even been defined in the first goddamn place! 

hand me my bag please,

i gotta get outta here-

i been here so long 

its time

i rush to the next somewhere

ill claim to have never really

 even  belonged anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment