Thursday, June 5, 2014
Summer Heat
Endless
Are the soles worn down
But never out.
What was it then
So damaged that made
You doubt?
you’ve begged
All this time for me
To question:
What was it then so damaged?
And from the summer heat of our lives
Are there moments you still regret?
Chances you wish you could get?
.
Did I betray your trust?
When I proved to you
There was nothing but lust…
When the reply to your cries
Was id rather not see you in
The light.
And though I would fight, I wouldn’t have
Fought for us.
No not then. Its dust into dust.
.
What was it then so damaged?
And from the summer heat of our lives
Are there moments you still regret?
Chances you wish you could get?
.
There’s a blurred image
Of your crooked smile I keep
Burried far behind my eyes
that’ll tend to creep
Into view in the sun with the rising heat
An oasis of what could’ve been starts to seep
Out of pores open wide into oceans of deep,
Deep sorrow. But I swim it off!
Swim away!
And remember what I told myself then-
“There’s always tomorrow!”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment