Sunday, January 3, 2016

Ballroom



There's a dimly lit room somewhere
with a scent that will all too soon become
so familiar.
Perhaps your perfume and my cologne
intermingled,
or the age old air of so many hearts come together
as one.
There are steps unknown that will be
forever memorized, so deeply etched
into our lives
That even in our aging bones will remain present,
and remembered by a simple gaze
into each other's eyes.
Though by time blurred,
the vision will
always be of you and I
side by side.
Side by side.

Hand in hand
and i'm feeling like i'm of no land
eye to eye
and its like were always under a moonlit sky..
If ever for a woman there was a man:
for you is who I am,
for with you is where
I always choose to stand!

There's a dim-lit ballroom somewhere
with our shadows faintly painting the
room's dance floor.
So many tear-jerked eyes waiting
for our steps forever memorized,
steps so deeply etched into our lives
that even in our aging bones will remain present,
and remembered by but a simple gaze
into eachother's eyes.
Though by time blurred
the vision will
always be of you and i
side by side.
Side by Side.

If ever for a woman there was a man:
for you is who I am,
for with you is where
I choose to always stand!
And though by time blurred,
the vision will
always be of you and i
side by side.


Side by Side.

No comments:

Post a Comment