Does your hope still live?
and if it does,
could you show me where it is?
I've two empty hands
that wish to only give
to you,
for us.
*
Looking through tinted windows
I can make out the roads
we have left behind.
reading every note I've
ever written- I remember
who I dreamt we'd be...
I passed us somewhere
far behind
sped up to blur that yellow line,
I passed us somewhere far behind
and didn't even wave goodbye.
no, no need for goodbye.
*
could you look me in the eye?
could you let what we had die?
I can shake right through the night
and shake right through the burning morning light,
let me know:
Does your hope still live?
and if it does,
could you show me where it is?
Because I've two empty hands
that wish to only give
to you,
for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment