Saturday, September 4, 2021

Laurel Terrace (an edit)

 I was comin in Hot,

Two hours from Santa Monica
to North Hollywood on a Tuesday!!

Having made a wrong turn off of Laurel,
I now found myself racing,
chasing my tail right alongside Fate:
She Presented Herself as 
"Doña Lola Drive",
While "It's Your Love"
blared out of my radio,
and i thought, 
 "Yes. Well, why Yes, of course!
Well, why would she not bear your name afterall?!" Ay ya yai!
Walls and Hearts, they Stop and Start,
Forever just finding another way Home...
I take different alleys
almost every single night,
and yet there you are,
always well within my sight.
Well...
i wish,
though i only wish every other day,
and on the days caught in between,
and on the days that never stay:
i wish you'd pack My Heart up,
and bring it here with you...
You would be The Road,
and The Home it always leads to. .

No comments:

Post a Comment