The Morning Star
through my windshield falls
Crashing into the black matter
of who I thought you thought
I was.
Scars
hidden by the night
are revealed and glisten
in this morbid new days light.
Don't run and hide just yet
my hands still shake
and plead to take
your thoughts,
and like the thief
I know you know i am-
I yearn to steal your time
and give it reason
mixed with rhyme.
Tell me how far
the shadow is cast
And do you feel the chill
Down your beautiful spine?
Is this not the thrill
I knew you knew
Would come from what
Youve been told
Is some unthinkable crime?
Scars
Drawn up in the night
By the claws of ancient history
Fail to provide insight
But its no lie
Girl, the fact remains
I love how you can taste
Just like a blessed mystery.
Don't run and hide just yet
my hands still shake
and plead to take
your thoughts,
and like the thief
I know you know i am-
I yearn to steal your time
and give it reason
mixed with rhyme.
No comments:
Post a Comment